Tuesday, February 7, 2017

London

"Education never ends. It is a series of lessons, with the greatest for the last" ~  Arthur Conan Doyle



We cut the knot! We'll be exploring London in November an entire week. We though about going for 3 days, but we wanted to see a lot more, so we made up our minds and planned a 5 day stay. With Belgian beers, a map and 'Time to momo London', the monument and museums were chosen. It's funny how we compared London with Antwerp for a moment thinking we could easily see everything in one day. But the two are non-comparable. London is divided in Neighborhoods. We are going to visit Marylebone, Westminster, ST. James's, Mayfair and Southwark.

Besides that we will be visiting the 'Harry Potter Studio Tour' as well, because we are enormous fans. Shopping trips and afternoon tea isn't excluded as well. We are excited to see the changing of the 'The Queen's Life Guard'. A lot of amazing museums are free and if we had more time we definitely would be visiting more museums besides the National Gallery and Tate Modern. The National Gallery has Painting from: Van Eyck, Botticelli, Rubens Turner, Constable,... I always wanted to see the paintings from William Turner up close! Hopefully they have some of his watercolors as well.  Tate Modern features Millais (Ophelia), Waterhouse, Turner, Degas, Picasso, Hirst, Pollock, Bacon, and a lot more. I think I can't express my enthusiasm enough about seeing a lot of art work I've been studying but never had the chance to see with my own eyes. I really look forward to seeing the Water-Lilies from Claude Monet!

Have you ever been to London? Is there something we should definitely see?



Share:

1 comment

Alice said...

I wish I could go to london as well. And is that a Hufflepuff scarf????! I'm sorted in Hufflepuff as well!

© The Mad Twins | All rights reserved.
Blog Layout Created by pipdig